IHPBA World Congress 2020 invites all interested individuals to submit abstracts for oral and electronic poster presentations.
Abstract Submission Instructions
- Abstracts shall be submitted electronically through the Congress website.
- The abstract must be written in English.
- Abstracts for oral session and electronic poster presentation are limited to 250 words.
- One table and/or one image may be included in the abstract and will count as one word each in your word count.
- Tables/Images must be placed at the end of your abstract.
- Authors should note that abstracts submitted to the AHPBA 2020 meeting may also submit their abstract for consideration at the IHPBA 2020 World Congress.
- Abstracts previously published or presented at any other national or international meeting are not permitted.
- When you submit an abstract online, your abstract will automatically be edited according to the IHPBA World Congress 2020 submission formats.
- Late submissions after 21 January 2020 will not be accepted.
The abstracts should be structured in the following four sections:
- Introduction: indicates the purpose of the study
- Methods: describe pertinent experimental procedures
- Results: summarize the results of the research
- Conclusion: state the main conclusions
The authors should choose one topic only for every abstract submitted. If an abstract relates to more than one of the topics below, please select the most appropriate one.
|Primary Tumours||Pancreatic Cysts||Gallbladder Cancer||Imaging||Living Donor Transplantation|
|Surgical Outcomes||Tumours||Gallstones||Education||Transplantation Science (Immunology)|
|Technical Surgery||Surgical Outcomes||Surgical Outcomes||Evidence Based Medicine||Pancreas Transplantation|
|Miscellaneous||Technical Surgery||Technical Surgery||Cost Effectiveness|
Following on from the successful session at previous IHPBA congresses we will continue to offer “Tricks of the Trade” as a topic during abstract submission for IHPBA 2020.
“Tricks of the Trade”
The purpose of this session will be to share technical “tricks” in HPB surgery or management pearls you have learned in treating problems encountered by your patients. While operative tricks are most desired, we’ll also consider approaches to any dilemma in the perioperative period. Anyone with a novel idea, strategy, or technique is encouraged to submit to this competitive session.
Abstract structure should include a background statement indicating relevance of the topic, and a description of the technique or approach (+/- an illustration or picture). Results indicating efficacy of the approach are welcome, but not mandatory – we realise that many of these cannot be studied rigorously anyway. Focus should be on the actual technique and when/why it should be employed. 250 word maximum.
If selected, we envision that the actual presentation should emphasize visual content such as drawings, line-art, intraop photos or even short (1-3 min) video blubs. All presentations will be oral and are intended to be 5 min long. These are not meant to be long, extravagant dissertations, but rather succinct descriptions of your method. Do not submit any video content initially please. Only if selected for presentation, will you have such an option for your presentation in Melbourne.
Click here for further information.
- Presenters are are only permitted to submit a maximum of 2 abstracts for oral presentation. No limit is set for abstracts submitted for mini oral, video or e-Poster presentation.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact will be published as typed by the author, if accepted. Poor English may be a cause for rejection.
- If you do not complete the submission process, your information will be held in “draft” until you return later to complete your submission. Please note that your abstract must be fully submitted, before the deadline of 21 January 2020, to be considered for the Congress.
- Changes to the abstract are possible until 21 January 2020 through your Personal Page, which can be accessed with the password included in the electronic acknowledgement of receipt. The submitting author will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing the other co-authors of the status of the abstract.
- Acknowledgement of abstract submission will be sent to the stated email address. If you do not receive the confirmation within 24 hours of submission, please contact IHPBA 2020 Abstract Department at [email protected].
- Notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts will be emailed on or after 21 April 2020. Full oral presentation specifications will be made available on the website and forwarded with the abstract acceptance.
- Electronic poster presentation will be uploaded in advance of the Congress. Details will be available on the website and forwarded with the acceptance notification.
- Upon acceptance of the abstract, all presenting authors are expected to register and present their abstract at the Congress. Abstracts will be published in the Congress Book of Abstracts only if the presenting author has registered and is fully paid by 15 May 2020. Presenting authors not registered and paid by 15 May 2020 may have their abstracts removed from the Book of Abstracts.
Mandatory Submission of Manuscripts for HPB
Abstracts presenters in the “Best of the Best” sessions (Top 12 long oral presentations overall) are required to submit a full manuscript to HPB by Monday 26 October 2020. For all other oral presentations, IHPBA World Congress 2020 would like to encourage manuscript submission to HPB, although not mandatory. Any such manuscripts will be accelerated through the review process – however publication is not guaranteed.
Please note that “Best of the Best” (Top 12 long oral presentations overall) presenting authors who do not submit manuscripts by the deadline must contact the Scientific Committee ([email protected]) explaining their reason for this since sanction will apply to authors who do not comply. Failure to comply with manuscript submission will automatically disqualify the authors from submission of any abstract/video to the next IHPBA World Congress 2022, New York, USA.